Merry Christmas!!

I am 23 years old. I've had 22 Christmases with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, cats, and dogs and 21 Christmases with my dad. 22 Christmases with turkey and mashed potatoes, pie and lefsa. I've gone to bed 8 Christmas Eve nights anticipating Santa Claus and 23 Christmas Eve nights knowing my stocking would be filled in the morning. I have had 6 Christmases in my old house in Waubay, 16 Christmases in our old house in Watertown, and today, our first Christmas in our new house in Watertown. Thanks to snow/life, this year was different: no grandparents, no aunts or uncles, no dogs, no turkey dinner, no dad. This year, things were very different.

But it was good.
Appetizers instead of turkey and stuffing.
3 of us instead of 30 of us.
Snow, snow, snow.
Ho, Ho, Ho.

Merry Christmas!!




Comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"