It's love; it's not Santa Claus

The other day I watched 500 days of Summer with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. They're both adorable, but is it strange that I have a crush on Zooey, not Joseph? Anyway, I loved the movie.. the wardrobe, the soundtrack, the animation, everything. Especially this scene:

McKenzie: [drunk] So do you have a boyfriend?
Summer: No.
McKenzie: Why not?
Summer: Because I don’t want one.
McKenzie: Come on; I don’t believe that.
Summer: You don’t believe that a woman could enjoy being free and independent?
McKenzie: Are you a lesbian?
Summer: [laughing] No I’m not a lesbian. I just, don’t feel comfortable being anyone’s girlfriend. I don’t actually feel comfortable being anyone’s anything.
McKenzie: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Summer: Really?
McKenzie: Nope.
Summer: Ok, let me break it down for you–
McKenzie: Break it down!
Summer: Ok. I, like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We’re young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later.
McKenzie: You’re a dude. [to Tom] She’s a dude!
Tom: Ok but wait–wait. What happens, if you fall in love?
[she scoffs]
Tom: What?
Summer: You don’t believe that, do you?
Tom: It’s love, it’s not Santa Claus.

Comments

  1. try number two because it didn't let me comment before...
    but my absolute favorite part of this movie is at the beginning when they talk about how it is not based on a true story and any characters seeming real is merely coincidence, especially you , bitch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"