It's all over when the Queen is dead

This is from the movie Penelope. The movie is whimsical and interesting (even if it is for 12 year old tweens). During this scene of the movie, the main character, Penelope, is playing a game of chess with her love interest. I don't know how to play chess.. I'm more of a checkers girl, myself, but I think it is an interesting concept that the Queen's death ends the game. I probably have more say about this but not today.

Penelope: What are you doing instead?
Max: [after a pause] Beating you at chess.
Penelope: I warned you I'd kill her.
Max: Well that's great, because, you know what? As soon as my guys hear what you've done...
Penelope: The game will be over, your Queen'll be dead.
Max: My King's still pretty... active. You know?
Penelope: Once the Queen is dead, the King is useless.
Max: What's that about?
Penelope: I don't know. Maybe he's too depressed to fight. He really loved her, you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"