De-friending remorse

So here's what happened.. One night in October, I was complaining about my everlasting facebook addiction and general facebook annoyances with my roommate. We decided to drink some beer and de-friend facebook friends if they fit under certain criterion:

DELETE IF...
1. I would not smile or say hello to this person if I ran into them at Hy-Vee
2. This person was updating their status more than three times a day causing a monopoly on my mini-feed
3. I would never want this person to be at my wedding
4. I haven't thought of this person in the last 6 months
5. This person has a new last name and I didn't even know she was dating anyone
6. The only thing we have in common is our graduation date from High School
7. I creep on this person too much
8. This person shouldn't be able to know what I am doing with my life
9. This person did not offer interesting pictures or occasionally have an interesting status update
10. It would be weird to wish this person a happy birthday and/or poke this person

I got a little carried away. Ok, I got a lot carried away. I deleted almost 200 friends. The next day, I woke up and realized the potential backlash that my de-friending spree could have had. So I made the incredibly mature decision to deactivate my account altogether. It lasted a few weeks and actually ended up being a great motivator for me to finish grading midterm portfolios. Here I am now, 200 friends shorter, admitting my own de-friending remorse. To those of you who fell victim to my hasty and dramatic facebook cleansing, I am truly sorry. If you would like to fb friends again, I will surely accept an invitation. The ball is in your court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"