Halloween Shoes to Fill

Halloween has always been a very big deal in the Lightfield household comprised of homemade costumes, make-shift haunted houses, and tricky traditions. All of us get into the spirit of spirits, but none as much as my dad. He was notorious for his Halloween enthusiasm and also for a particular pair of Halloween feet. My mom bought them for him after they were first married (27 years ago), and every October 31st, he slipped them on and walked out the door to freak the world out. Last year was the first year that he wasn't able to model the gruesome feet, so in order to carry on his tradition, I slipped them on and walked out the door to freak the world out. The clincher: I worked at a monastery. And it..was.. awesome. The sistas loved the feet and had me model them all day long. This October 31st, I'm back in Vermillion grading papers in bed and every so often, startling myself by looking at the over sized feet dangling over the edge of my bed.


Halloween traditions live on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"