Taking Care of Bid-ness

So this weekend a funny thing happened. I was at a wedding dance with my mom and all her 50 year old friends (their daughters were there too but were reluctant to dance with me). The moms, on the other hand, were cutting a rug like you wouldn't believe. My mom was doing her typical "modernized" version of the mashed potato and Bonnie (my girl scout leader and softball coach as kid) was busting out moves that I think someone should have been taking note for the latest Beyonce video. The DJ was playing the stuff we liked and had an oh-so convenient TV screen with the video or lyrics of the song that was being played. The song "Taking Care of Business" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive came on (yeah, I had to look up who sang it)and it was a big hit with my dancing nancies (or you know, moms). We were all getting down with our bad selves when Julie (my taxi driver for 7th and 8th grade) nudged me to look at the screen. "It says taking care of bid-ness! It says taking care of bid-ness!" And here is where my story writing skills fail.. because I am unable to describe the hilarity of dancing with a bunch of middle aged moms shouting "Taking Care of Bid-ness" and then laughing at each other and high-fiving. It truly was a great moment in my life and one I wish I could more accurately share with the world.

Haha.. still chuckling about it this Monday morning..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game