If my job was a movie..

If my job was a movie, it would be a combination of "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray and "Sister Act" with Whoopi Goldberg.

Everyday, I wake up to the same song playing on my alarm, pass the same cars on my way to work, have the same conversations with the receptionist and my co-workers, sit at the same desk until 4:30, go home, go to bed, and do the very same thing the next day. That's the "Groundhog" portion of my life.
.




The "Sister Act" aspect of my job is due to the 45 Catholic nuns by whom I am constantly surrounded. Although, like Whoopi Goldberg's character, I am not one (a sista). I just don't quite fit in. It's not because I'm black or because I'm a Las Vegas headliner, but mostly just because I wasn't around during the FDR administration. Also, my hair still has color and I'm taller than 5'1".

I suppose it's sort of cool that both movies are critically
acclaimed! Ok, so maybe not exactly. But I did a little research and "Sister Act" did win a People's Choice Award in 1992! "Groundhog Day" has got nuthin' except for my own love and admiration... which I guess isn't saying much.

Oh, one last quick movie addition for the mix.. "Stuart Little". I just found out that the office is infested with Mice.

fml.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Getting Yourself Home"