My Favorite Songs.. or atleast 100 of them

Here are my top 100 all-time favorite songs.. at least for today. I am sure that I forgot some really important tunes so I might have to make revisions later. The great thing about listening to a great song (particularly these great songs) is the ability they have to take me to a specific place or feeling or time or person in my life. That, or they're just really great to dance to. :) This list spans many generations and genres, including a category that I like to call 'guilty pleasures'. Please don't judge. I am a self-proclaimed music non-snob, hence the Jojo and Sir Mix-A-Lot, and I'm proud of it! ok, enough blabbing/blogging.. here's the list. Feel free to comment with additions I should hear.

In no particular order...

1. American Pie- Don McLean
2. Night Swimming- REM
3. Secret Heart- Feist
4. Samson- Regina Spektor
5. Wheel- John Mayer
6. You Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
7. Don’t Stop Believing- Journey
8. American Woman- The Guess Who
9. Walking on Broken Glass- Annie Lennox
10. Tambourine- Eve
11. Kiss Kiss- Chris Brown
12. Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
13. Love Song for No One- John Mayer
14. Fire and Rain- James Taylor
15. Is This Love- Bob Marley
16. Some Day- John Legend
17. Angel from Montgomery- Bonnie Riatt and John Prine
18. She’s Everything- Brad Paisley
19. Crazy Bitch- Buck Cherry
20. Candy Man- Christina Aguilera
21. Get Buck- DJ Felli Fel Ft. Akon
22. Piano Man- Billy Joel
23. Fix You- Coldplay
24. Big Yellow Taxi- Counting Crows
25. Mrs. Potter’s Lullaby- Counting Crowns
26. Blower’s Daughter- Damien Rice
27. Jump On It- Sir Mix-A-Lot
28. Angel- Dave Matthews Band
29. Send Me On My Way- Rusted Root
30. Free Falling- Tom Petty (Also John Mayer version)
31. One Day at a Time- Deana Carter
32. Heat of the Moment- Asia
33. Long Way Around- Dixie Chicks
34. Too Little Too Late- JoJo
35. Here I Go Again- Whitesnake
36. Both Sides Now- Joni Mitchell
37. Someone to Watch Over Me- Ella Fitzgerald
38. Tiny Dancer- Elton John
39. I’m In Love With You- Joy Williams
40. Rock Your Body- Justin Timberlake
41. Bennie and the Jets- Elton John
42. Summer Girl- Jessica Andrews
43. Break Me- Jewel
44. Calabria Remix- Enur
45. Songbird- Eva Cassidy
46. All Falls Down- Kanye West
47. Shit Song- Kate Nash
48. I Feel It All- Feist
49. On the Radio- Regina Spektor
50. I Know- Fiona Apple
51. Someday- Frank Sinatra
52. Always Be My Baby- Mariah Carey
53. Sex on the Beach- Vengaboys
54. The Dance- Garth Brooks
55. Jack and Diane- Tom Petty
56. Don’t Give Me No Lies- Georgia Satellites
57. Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap
58. The Sweetest Thing- U2
59. Shout!- The Isley Brothers
60. You Are So Beautiful To Me- Joe Crocker
61. Have a Little Faith in Me- John Hiatt
62. Settlin’- Sugarland
63. I Got You (I Feel Good)- James Brown
64. You’ve Got a Friend- James Taylor
65. My Girl- The Temptations
66. I’ll Do Anything- Jason Mraz
67. Let’s Get It On- Gavin Degraw version
68. Details in the Fabric- Jason Mraz
69. Calling All Angels- Train
70. Kiss-Prince
71. Somebody to Love- Queen
72. We Get On- Kate Nash
73. Dancing in the Moonlight- Van Morrison
74. I Can’t Stop Loving You- Keith Urban
75. Mary Jane’s Last Dance- Tom Petty
76. Chinese- Lily Allen
77. Stay- Jackson Browne
78. Age of Seventeen- Stevie Nicks
79. All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey
80. Bright Lights- Matchbox Twenty
81. Under Pressure- Queen
82. The Saddest Song in the World- Meiko
83. Folding Chair- Regina Spektor
84. One Moment More- Mindy Smith
85. Kerosene- Miranda Lambert
86. Capital H- Motion City Soundtrack
87. She Wants to Move- NERD
88. Hey Girl- OAR
89. Swing- Savage
90. Stand By Me- Ben E. King
91. Loving Cup- Phish (or Rolling Stones)
92. Roxanne- The Police
93. Makin’ Whoopee- Ray Charles
94. My Dear Acquaintance- Regina Spektor
95. Summer in the City- Regina SPektor
96. Time For Me To Fly- REO Speedwagon
97. Beast of Burden- Rolling Stones
98. Going Home- Sara Groves
99. Party for Two- Shania Twain
100. Track 4- Sigur Ros

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game