25 Things About Me

  1. As a child, I was so afraid of flying that I refused to go on a family trip to Disney Land. My parents got me prescription tranquilizers and I went anyway. Now I love to travel drug-free!
  2. I have really big feet, which is cool if you’re a dude, but, I am not.
  3. My dad picked out my name when he was in High School after he heard the song “Amanda” by Don Williams. The Boston song “Amanda” in 1986 was a total coincidence and has resulted in major name theft as far as I’m concerned. Yes, I’m bitter.
  4. The total years I played softball is greater than the total runs I scored. (It’s 8) I like to think I offered the team comedic relief over athletic ability.
  5. I love dancing and have a really hard time controlling it sometimes. The only exception to this is the Cha Cha slide. I hate it.
  6. I am an estrogen magnet. I have a sister and mom at home, lived on an all girls floor freshman year, moved into a sorority, worked for a monastery, and my cats are boys but not really because they are fixed. Let’s just say I could use some more “Man” in my life.
  7. I know everyone says that they love music, but I really could not live without it. It runs in my veins.
  8. I have a degree in English and I’m getting my Master’s in English but shhh don’t tell, I really don’t like to read.
  9. My Grandpa Don calls me Fritz. I have no idea why.
  10. I’m allergic to life, specifically milk, citric acid, and peanuts.
  11. I stole a library book once. It was the best sin I ever committed and I’m not sorry!
  12. If I could make a career out of writing photo captions, texts, or wall posts, I would. Instead I guess I’ll just teach English to speakers of other languages and explain the difference between ‘your’ and ‘you’re’
  13. My dad lives in Heaven and I’m sure he is living it up.
  14. I used to have a ring that was made out of a fork. I lost it one night at Carey’s. Have you seen it?
  15. I have the best friends known to (wo)man. They are all so unique, some responsible and logical, others whimsical and impulsive, some deeply reflective and others refreshingly unaffected. They each offer a specific place in my life and in my heart. I could not be more blessed.
  16. I don’t deal well with bad endings. I need closure.
  17. I hope to someday have a relationship with a fraction of the love my parents had for each other. It’s a tough act to follow.
  18. I almost moved to Pennsylvania this year. I thought I needed to get out of Verm, find my Jim, and see what the whole groundhog thing was all about. Instead I’m back where I started and it is very bittersweet.
  19. My family is ridiculous, but I’m crazy about them.
  20. When I was little, I wanted to earn money by mowing our yard but I was too young to use the lawn mower. My mom was less than impressed when she found me on my hands and knees with a scissors cutting the grass by hand. She didn’t even pay me.
  21. Inside jokes make me smile. And sometimes, I even snort.
  22. I have intense dreams almost every night. Whether I’m spraying strawberry seeds on people with red hair or escaping “the others” from LOST, I wake up most mornings completely exhausted. It’s actually really a problem..
  23. I think 25 is a lot of things to think of about myself. I'm at 23 and I'm running out.
  24. J.C. has been and will always be, my one true Valentine.
  25. I really like ketchup.

Comments

  1. You LOST THE RING! it's ok, I love you anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. I may have beat you in being really awful at softball. I was the pitcher. For real.
    9. I may have an idea why he calls you Fritz. :)

    15. I'm curious- what would you describe me as? This seems entirely egotistical, but I just wanted to know!

    24. When you wrote J.C., I thought you were referring to JC Penney's, and I was confused. BUT now I get it. And I agree. :)

    --Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposites Game